[TYPO3] forms..

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Mon Mar 26 13:14:35 CEST 2007

Hello Asbjoern,

> Hello,
>
> Typo3 documentation, videos and podcast are great! What I miss is more
> simple examples for extension development. Like the "CD Collection"
> tutorial. So far I have figured out how a basic plugin works. I can't
> figure out how to continue with frontend forms. My fe_users need to
> edit, delete, create and update their own records. (CD Collection
> tutorial "extended") Further more I would like to add a 1toM relation
> to the CD's. (each CD can have X  images)
>
> I have tried formidable, but from what I found in the
> forum/documentation - it can't handle foms with multiple pages. I
> tried to study the source code of tt_news, but it is to complex. (I
> need something simpler)
>
> I found this form tutorial:
> http://www.mcuniverse.com/Form-Extension-Tutorial.166.0.html but it is
> only a "create" form.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Best regards.
> Asbjørn Morell.

Look at the following two extensions.

- FE Form Edit, API http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/mth_feedit/0.4.2/
- Library for Frontens plugins, http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/sg_zfelib/1.0.0/

The first one gives an easy way to make an FE-plugin with create, edit, delete
for nearly every extensions. If you are using TYPO3 4.1 you will need to
patch class.tx_rtehtmlarea_base.php, http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5105.
The second one are a bit more advanced, but also more flexible.

To have the opportunity to add more than one image to each cd, you can change
maxitems for the image field in tca.php

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no