[TYPO3] Inherit content from parent page (TemplaVoila)

Wytse P. Bezemer w.bezemer at drecomm.nl
Mon Mar 26 12:27:19 CEST 2007

Hi List,

Currently I'm working on a website which is to be build in TemplaVoila, which
requires to have the content in one column fetched the current page if there is
content, but if there is no content defined, it should look up the page tree to
fetch content from there.
In the past with the old way we did it as follows:

temp.5_levels_up = CONTENT
temp.5_levels_up {
	table = tt_content
	select {
           pidInList.data = leveluid: -6
           orderBy = sorting
           where = colPos=4
      }
}
temp.4_levels_up < temp.5_levels_up
temp.4_levels_up {
	select {
                pidInList.data = leveluid: -5
       }
        stdWrap.ifEmpty.cObject < temp.5_levels_up
}

and so on. However, since with TemplataVoila there are no colPos, I don't have
any idea how this can be done for TemplaVoila.
I would think I should modify the Typoscript which is placed by the wizard, but
for as far as I know the RECORDS object doen't have a pidInList.data.

I could do it by making complete Typoscript element, but by doing that I
probably would limit the number of content elements which are displayed.

Does anyone know how this can be solved?

Thanks in advance.

Wytse P. Bezemer