[TYPO3] sr_feuser_register: Create new profile even if already logged in?

Marian Aldenhövel marian at mba-software.de
Sat Mar 24 08:02:16 CET 2007

Hi,

After a little sandbox-work to familiarize myself with Typo3 I am currently
working on my first "proper" site built with it. So consider me a newbie and
please be gentle.

The site I am building is a collaborative relaunch of two predecessors: Two
clubs have merged and this is going to be the new communications-platform.

Both old club-sites had a "well-known"-login (.htpasswd/.htaccess-implemented)
to control access to members-only-areas. Every member knew these and used the
same credentials.

The new site will also sport a forum and several other features more advanced
than the old versions and so I would like to change this to a real
FE-user-login where each user has his own profile. That is of course no
problem using Typo3.

I have added the sr_feuser_register extension to allow users to create and
maintain their profiles themselves. No problem here either.

Now what I would love to do to help in the transition is to still enable both
old "standard-logins". When someone logs on using either of these I would like
to forward him to a page explaining that we now want real profiles and offer
him to create one.

I can do the forward-part.

What I cannot do is make such a user create a new profile. The
sr_feuser_register-plugin only outputs a link to EDIT the profile. That makes
sense as the user is logged in using a standard account, but it is not what
I want :-).

Is there a way to force sr_feuser_register to allow creation of a profile?
Or can I forcibly logout the user from the old standard-account during the
forward to the information-page?

I do not really want a menu item "register user" on a page because this
is a transient feature.

Any more information required to help me? Please ask. I can also give access
to the work-in-progress site if that would be helpful.

Ciao, MM
--
Marian Aldenhövel, Rosenhain 23, 53123 Bonn
http://www.marian-aldenhoevel.de