[TYPO3] Getting GraphicsMagick Installed

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sat Mar 24 00:07:40 CET 2007

Franz Holzinger wrote:

>> I've installed typo3 v4.1 and I just can't get it to work.  It's
>> something that I've missed but I just can't think what and I've been
>> tearing my hair out for a couple of weeks over this now )-:
>>
>> Symptoms are...
>> lost and typo3 defaults back to /usr/bin.  As you would expect, all of
>> the Image Tests are skipped.
>
> have a look at
>
> http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/GraphicsMagick
>
> You must follow all these steps.

I had a look at this, and it looks pretty misleading to me. There is no hint
anywhere that GraphicsMagick support has been implemented since TYPO3 3.8.
So no need for all the wrapping stuff, which will not work anyway when
using Windows...

Point is: When using GraphicsMagick, you can drop all
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['GFX']['im_...'] keys in localconf.php  _except_ those:

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['GFX']['im_path'] = '<path>';
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['GFX']['im_version_5'] = 'gm';

See how all other values are set automatically at the bottom of
t3lib/config_default.php.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out