[TYPO3] Getting GraphicsMagick Installed

Gerri Tomlinson gerri at tomlinson.uk.net
Fri Mar 23 21:25:34 CET 2007

Hi y'all,

I have several versions of typo3 running on a Fedora 4 server.  All of them
have independent GraphicsMagick-1.1.6 installs without probs.

I've installed typo3 v4.1 and I just can't get it to work.  It's something
that I've missed but I just can't think what and I've been tearing my hair
out for a couple of weeks over this now )-:

Symptoms are...
Using the install tool I enter the path of the installation and press send.
The install tool accepts a valid gm install, I select the same install from
the dropdown box towards the bottom of the page and then click on "Update
localconf.php".  I get the usual messages to say localconf.php is being
updated (and in fact I see the entries in the file) but on returning to the
Basic Configuration page, the settings are lost and typo3 defaults back to
/usr/bin.  As you would expect, all of the Image Tests are skipped.

The same behaviour happens with both ImageMagick 4.2.9 and
GraphicsMagick-1.1.7.  I also tried different versions of typo, 4.0.5 and
3.8.1.  Permissions are the same as on working installs and open_basedir is
off.  The only thing was to hardcode the path of gm into
t3lib/class.t3lib_div.php but this caused major caching issues.

Is there anything else that can be checked?  Has anyone else experienced
this?

All help is greatly appreciated

Gerri