[TYPO3] after update to 4.1 fe users login doesn't work (newloginbox 3.01)

joachim jr at modan.ch
Fri Mar 23 17:24:36 CET 2007

hi there,

i updated to typo3 4.1 and now my fe users login doesn't seem to work
any more. i then updated the version of newloginbox (was 2.6 or so) to
3.01 but it still doesn't work.

i believe that there is no problem with finding the user in the
sysfolder because the 'i forgot my password' function works. it sends me
the correct username / password. but still i cannot login. when i try
(using this username / password...) i get the message configured for
"Login Error" in my newloginbox content element.

i still have an old version of the installation where the login works
fine. but i don't know how to go on stroubleshooting from here. could
anyone please help ...

thanks, joachim