[TYPO3] rtehtmlarea doesn't load under FF 2.0.0.4

Jan Helber typo3 at helber.it
Thu Mar 22 23:53:30 CET 2007

I am using Typo 3.8 and had the same problem. But I solved it.
Yesterday it worked fine. But today (after the update), it did not work
anymore.

I replaced the 7 "new Array" to "new Object" in the file
class.tx_rtehtmlarea_base.php
as described at
http://svn.t3.digitaldistrict.de/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/changeset/5716

I also replaced the line 85 of the file htmlarea.js as described at
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4870
before:
HTMLArea.is_wamcom  = (HTMLArea.agt.indexOf("wamcom") != -1) ||
(HTMLArea.is_gecko && (HTMLArea.agt.indexOf("1.3") != -1));
after:
HTMLArea.is_wamcom = (HTMLArea.agt.indexOf("wamcom") != -1) ||
(HTMLArea.is_gecko && HTMLArea.agt.indexOf("1.3") != -1 &&
HTMLArea.agt.indexOf(".1.3") == -1);

After that the RTEhtmlarea apeared, but showed the content only in
"Toggle HTML Source" mode.

So I set "Enable compressed scripts" to "0"
and clicked on "Clear cache in typo3conf/"

Now the RTEhtmlarea works fine again.

Greetings Jan