[TYPO3] Retrieving RECORD bodycontent via TS?

Jason A. Lefkowitz jason at jasonlefkowitz.net
Thu Mar 22 20:02:45 CET 2007

Tyler Kraft wrote:
> It doesn't work because the syntax is completely wrong!
>
> Go look at TSref to see what values should be used for the RECORDS
> cObject. You'll find that its for getting a specific record forma table
> - not for getting part of a record. You need to use the Content cObject
> and then define your own redering for it.

You know...

I'm not an idiot.  I've spent all day poring over TSRef, and other
documents as well.  The FIRST EXAMPLE of using the RECORDS cObject in
Typoscript By Example uses it to retrieve part of a tt_content record:

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_tsbyex/0.0.16/view/9/6/

So pardon me for thinking that this was an "acceptable" use for the
RECORDS object.

It is possible to correct somebody without being a jerk about it.  Start
by not assuming that the other person is an idiot.  That helps.

-- Jason Lefkowitz