[TYPO3] site blank after upgrading from 3.8 to 4.1

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Wed Mar 21 22:47:31 CET 2007

> Bing Du kirjoitti:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've done a few times of various upgrades.  This is the first time I've
>> seen this problem.  I followed the instructions on
>> http://webempoweredchurch.com/support/tutorials/upgradingfromtypo33xto4x/.
>>  Upgrade went smoothly.  I can get to the 4.1 backend fine.  But on the
>> frontend, accessing the site returns nothing.  The <body></body> part in
>> the page source is empty.  I also tried to access the pages individually
>> by their page id but still got nothing.  Any ideas what might be wrong?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Bing
> Do you used install tools database analyser and 'COMPARE' option.
> page and content tables must convert Typo3 4.x compatible

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I did 'COMPARE' and also went through the
'Update Wizard'.  The result was The compatibility version has been set to
4.1.  The site is blank not only on the frontend, Web->View also shows
nothing in the right frame in the backend.  Weird.  The previous
successful upgrades I did were from 3.8.1->4.0.2, 4.0.2->4.0.4.

Bing