[TYPO3] timtab: no restriction of categories is working

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Wed Mar 21 19:52:38 CET 2007

Hi,

> I just want 2 categories (21, 22) from my main-storage-news-folder. I
> just placed categorySelection = 21, 22 but it is not working...I see al
> my categories....is there something else to configure...or is this not
> possible?
>

> plugin.tt_news {
>

>  pid_list = 272
>
>  backPid = 403
>
>  catSelectorTargetPid = 368
>

>  templateFile = {$page.file.template_tt_news}
>

>  singlePid = {$plugin.tx_timtab.blogPid}
>

>     displaySingle.date_stdWrap.strftime = %e %B %Y
>
>     displayList.date_stdWrap.strftime = %e %B %Y
>
>     displayLatest.date_stdWrap.strftime = %e %B %Y
>
>     displaySingle.age_stdWrap.age =  minuten | uren | dagen | jaar
>

>  dontUseBackPid = 0
>
>  catTextMode = 1
>
>  categorySelection = 21, 22
>
> # newsAmenuUserFunc =
>
>  useHRDates = 1
>
>  useHRDatesSingle = 1
>
>  useSubCategories = 1
>
>  limit = 10
>

>   displayCatMenu {
>
>    mode = timtab
>
>    catmenu_stdWrap.wrap = |
>
>  }
>

>   _LOCAL_LANG.default {
>
>     archiveHeader = Archives
>
>   }
>
> }
>

> Greetings..remco

I've been trying to figure out how to do that too.  But as far as I've
gathered, there is no way to show selected categories in timtab.  Since
timtab is based on tt_news, I think that's actually a limitation of
tt_news (I'm using 2.4.0).  In another word, you can either show all the
categories, or if you have 'use general storage page' turned on for
tt_news in the extension manager, and set 'general record storage page' to
some sysFolder,  you can show all the categories in that sysFolder.  Other
than that, it's not possible to show randomly selected categories.  If
anybody aware any workaround, please advise.

Thanks,

Bing