[TYPO3] A small typoScript problem

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Wed Mar 21 11:42:46 CET 2007

Hello Brian,

> Peter Klein skrev:
>
>> Hi Brian.
>> Try this one:
>> http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/constant_editor/0.1.4/
>> "What does it do?
>> This extension is a improved stand-alone version of the WebTemplate,
>> Constant Editor.
>> The main improvement is that it's possible to give non-admins access
>> to the
>> editor. It's also possible to restrict access if you don't want to
>> give full
>> access to all the constant categories. It's even possible to deny
>> access/disable specific constants."
> Hi
>
> This works fine if the user needs acces to constants in the advanced
> or content categories, but how do I add my own created constants? Can
> I somehow create my own constants category?
>
> /BB

Yes, you can make your own constants. Look at the extension WEC Constants.
You could do the same direct in template Constants, but then I'm not sure
if you could use the Constant Editor. Making an extension like WEC Constants
and combine it with Constant Editor is a nice way to make values in different
part of the TS Setup easy to configure.

Every category or/and value in Constants can be made accesible either through
the extension setup or through page/user TS.

If you want to give a user the ability to change the template file for tt_news
it should look like this in user TS
options.clearCache.all = 1
mod.web_constanteditor.categories.allow = plugin.tt_news
mod.web_constanteditor.constants.plugin.tt_news.allow = plugin.tt_news.file.templateFile

Haven't tested it, but should be the correct syntax.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no