[TYPO3] Automatic update of .ics file ?

Claus Bach privat at clausbach.dk
Wed Mar 21 10:25:53 CET 2007

Hi everybody,

To begin with, I'm NOT a PHP programmer, so if you have a solution for
this problem, I hope it is a simpel one.

I have installed the Calender Base extension (cal). In this ext. you can
import a calendar from an .ics file - you create a calendar record, and
then all event records are created, when you save the calendar record.

But I think it could be very nice if some of my users could use Mozilla
Sunbird to maintain the calendar. It is no problem to get Sunbird to
update the .ics file on the server.

Is it possible to create a cronjob, or something like that, which
updates the calendar records from the .ics filen? The script (or what
ever it is ...) excist - the save function in create kalendar.

Claus