[TYPO3] csc-textpic: problem with floats

Felix Natter felix.natter at smail.inf.fh-brs.de
Mon Mar 19 15:22:33 CET 2007

hi,

I use a css-based site with a "right column" using float: right.  Now
when I use Text+Picture in the middle (content) column, typo3 inserts
a <div class="csc-textpic-clear"> which does a clear: both.
Unfortunately this also affects the right div, which is a float: right.
It can be seen in this screenshot (the picture begins only after the
right column is finished):
http://www2.inf.fh-brs.de/~fnatte2s/problem_floats.jpg

I can work around this by specifying:
DIV.csc-textpic-intext-left-nowrap DIV.csc-textpic-imagewrap {
  float: left; /*clear: both;*/
}
DIV.csc-textpic-clear { /*clear: both;*/ clear: left; }
but obviously this would break text+picture where the picture is
float: right.

Do I have to switch to a table layout? I'd like to avoid this because
accessibility is a requirement.

thanks!

--
Felix Natter