[TYPO3] frontend database search extensions

Alper Odabasioglu unutma at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 16 22:15:57 CET 2007

Dear experts,

There is a sample database search at the

http://www.eu-financial-system.org/librarysearch_ecbcfs.asp

address and I would like to implement
sth similar to this under typo3 system(3.8.1). Do you know any extension
which allows you to create a form at the front end with each fields in it
corresponding to db table fields(as it is at that website), and lets you to
make search at the db table using them?

I checked the "database search" extensions at typo3.org and found these 4
extensions at the very below.

The first(mh_omsqlio) is close to my needs but it has
only one input field for search. (i.e. it supports only one crieteria to be
searched in one or multiple fields of a table) and it probably doesn't let
the output to be same as at that webpage(It has a .tmpl file to design the
output, but probably it still doesn't allow hyperlinks in the output)

About the fourth: I guess one can not implement a webpage like
I mentioned with this "search in tables" extension. Because I guess
this extension doesn't support more than one input keywords, and, one can
not decide which keywords should be searched in which tables/fields of the
database.

Any suggestions are very very welcome!

Thanks in advance,
Alper

1.mh_omsqlio
2.my_inventory
3.Advanced DB Search    ( joh_advbesearch )
4.Search In Tables ( fesearchintable )