[TYPO3] RealURL Problem / Question - Hoping for Dmitry's Help...

Dmitry Dulepov 9f4eetb02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Mar 14 10:15:04 CET 2007

Timothy Patterson wrote:
> Pages that are set up with the "Hide in menu" option checked are not
> getting URLs generated for them.  After a lot of reading / Googling,
> I understand that URLs are not generated for a page until a web
> browser hits a page that displays the item in a menu list.  Not a
> problem except for the fact that the pages I set to "Hide in menu"
> will never show up in a navigation structure on my site.

Correct.

But this has nothing to do with realurl directly. Realurl basically only
translates page id to good looking url, nothing more. Very simple job:
get id, return path. It does not care about page types, etc. Core calls
it. If cor does not call it for some pages (like pages not in menu), it
will not generate url. Core decides it.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/