[TYPO3] A very simple TYPOScript problem

Jason A. Lefkowitz jason at jasonlefkowitz.net
Tue Mar 13 20:26:56 CET 2007

Brian Bendtsen wrote:

> Finally I got it working, it apparrently didn't like the name
> siteName...I mapped it to another name and now it works.

Huh, the magic of typoscript at work I guess ;-)

> Any tips to how I display the title of the parent page?

This should work:

lib.newFieldName = TEXT
lib.newFieldName.data = leveltitle:-1

(the "leveltitle" global var lets you grab the title of any page up or
down the rootline.  the "-1" part is where you put the position in the
rootline you want to grab from.  I _think_ -1 will get you the parent
page; if not, play around with different values until you find it.)

-- Jason