[TYPO3] newbie menu question: pass entry dependend parameter to content

Marek Stiefenhofer m.stiefenhofer at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 13 18:34:46 CET 2007

Hi,

after unsuccessfully searching through the archives, I've decided to ask
more experienced typo3 users for help:

I've set up a 2-level GMENU_LAYERS. The first level uses alternative
background colors for every entry. I need to pass this value (or a
slightly lighter shade of color) to my content part of the template in
dependency of the active menu element (only the first level determines
the contents background color).

Below is the interesting part of my template - I am using the Template
Auto-parser
<http://www.marek-stiefenhofer.de/typo3/mod/tools/em/index.php?CMD%5BshowExt%5D=automaketemplate&SET%5BsingleDetails%5D=info>
btw.
Any form of suggestion, links to relevant documentation or code examples
would be appreciated.

Marek

# Main Menu
page.includeLibs.gmenu_layers = media/scripts/gmenu_layers.php
temp.menu_1 = HMENU
temp.menu_1.1 = GMENU_LAYERS
temp.menu_1.1 {
  layerStyle = position:absolute;width:170px;VISIBILITY:hidden;
  directionUp=1
  topOffset=-10px
  relativeToTriggerItem=1
  expAll=1
  hideMenuWhenNotOver=20
  hideMenuTimer=500
}
temp.menu_1.1.NO {
  wrap = <td>|</td>
  XY = 170,25
  backColor = |*| #ffd872 || #ffb172 || #fc8964 |*|
  10 = TEXT
  10.text.field = title
  10.offset = 0,17
  10.align = center
  10.fontFile = fileadmin/fonts/arialbd.ttf
  10.fontColor = #941927
  10.fontSize = 13
}
temp.menu_1.2 = GMENU