[TYPO3] RealURL Problem / Question - Hoping for Dmitry's Help...

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 23:16:35 CET 2007

Hi,

On 3/12/07, R. van Twisk <typo3 at rvt.dds.nl> wrote:
> Timothy,
>
> the sitemap will for sure work...

The sitemap will work IF the HMENU that generates it includes
'includeNotInMenu = 1'.

> However if you want to hide that page,
> and you will never link to it...
>
> Why should realUrl generate a link? basically it
> will never be referenced/used anyways.

The 'Hide in menu' pages are NOT hidden, they just don't show up in
menus. RealURL /should/ still generate links for pages like these. For
example, I often direct contact pages (i.e. pages with mailforms) to a
page at a path something like "/contact/thanks/" and there's no reason
at all why the corresponding page should have to be in a menu in order
for me to do so.

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/