[TYPO3] RealURL Problem / Question - Hoping for Dmitry's Help...

Timothy Patterson tjpatter at svsu.edu
Mon Mar 12 20:12:53 CET 2007

I am currently running Typo3 version 4.0.4 with RealURL enabled and working perfectly, however I have one major issue with it and I'm hoping that someone else has a solution...

Pages that are set up with the "Hide in menu" option checked are not getting URLs generated for them.  After a lot of reading / Googling, I understand that URLs are not generated for a page until a web browser hits a page that displays the item in a menu list.  Not a problem except for the fact that the pages I set to "Hide in menu" will never show up in a navigation structure on my site.

What I need is a way to automatically generate URLs for pages in this scenario.  I have thought about setting up a cron job to automatically hit a "secret" sitemap page that displays all links every few minutes, however I am unable to get the sitemap/menu plugin to correctly display all levels of navigation for my tree including all hidden pages.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to deal with this situation?  I know that people have ran into this issue before, however I am looking for any/all suggestions as to what the best way is to resolve this.

As always, your help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Timothy J. Patterson
Web Programmer
Novell Certified Linux Professional / Engineer
Saginaw Valley State University
Office: Wickes 361B
Phone: (989) 964-7247
E-mail: tjpatter at svsu.edu