[TYPO3] Let's buy a Mediawiki adapter for SSOv2

Lewis Jones lewis.jones at reap.asn.au
Mon Mar 12 05:23:09 CET 2007

Hi Ries,

Fair question.  I suppose I purposely left it ambiguous because I
figured those who needed something like this would know what I was
talking about, and those who didn't understand could safely ignore it.

SSO stands for single signon, and v2 is 'version 2' of the software,
which includes the possibility for user propagation between software
platforms on your website.

I want to integrate Moodle, e-learning software, and Mediawiki, into my
Typo3 site, but they each require their own account creation and login.
Not many users are loyal enough to create three accounts and then login
separately to each piece of software when they want to 'enjoy' the
benefits of the website.

SSOv2 (that is, with user propagation) allows users to create a single
account (through the Typo3 front end), to have their account details
propagated to the other software platforms (Moodle, Mediawiki), and then
whenever they login in the future through the Typo3 front end, SSO will
create an active user session on every piece of integrated software, so
that transferring between Typo3 and Moodle and Mediawiki will be
seamless and painless for the users.

One account creation process and one integrated login.

The adapter is necessary because for every different software package
there are different rules about how to create a user and how to login,
along with different variable names, etc.

I need an adapter written to handle account creation and a common login
between Typo3 and Mediawiki.  There is an existing adapter for Mediawiki
1.4, but even then it only allows for a common login, no account
creation.

I'm trying to enlist interested parties to contribute toward making the
adapter I need into a reality.  My inkling is that there are probably
not a few people out there in the same situation in which I find myself,
who may well be willing to throw in a few dollars to fix their problems
as well.

Sorry for the long response, and for the initial confusion.  Though
seemingly misguided, I was trying to avoid burdening people with
something of no interest to them.

Regards,
Lewis

Australian Fellowship of Evangelical Students
Evangelising the Australian Academy
http://www.reap.asn.au
http://www.afes.org.au
(02) 9697-2397