[TYPO3] WAMP or manual installation?

erick liemarga erick.liemarga at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 09:10:44 CET 2007

Hi!! i'm considering using WAMP for my productive server rather than using
normal installation.....the reason is because:
1.manual installation really takes time
2.some WAMP offers automatic update for its components e.g. bigapache

but I also have some question in my mind:
1.Which WAMP is the most stable and has a great help on the support e.g.
community,forum,etc. and
is there any WAMP that greatly support TYPO3? because bigapache is the only
one, that I know, that provide u an add-on for typo3....but the problem is,
big apache is rarely updated and the author is very busy....the forum it
self hasn't been updated since november 2006 and the software is never been
updated since 2004.....regardless the automatic update of program itself to
adjusting the components(php,MySQL,apache,mod_perl) version.
2.is it wise choosing WAMP for productive server? .note in my productive
server I don't really need to use mod_ssl, open ssl, etc.

well, hope u can help me in solving this ^^....good day