[TYPO3] CAPTCHA for ve_guestbook

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Thu Mar 8 18:13:02 CET 2007

> Harald Amelung schrieb:
>>
>> Hi Bing,
>>
>> Bing Du schrieb:
>>> cannot find any versions later than that.  Do I have to modify the
>>> source
>>> code of ve_guestbook to add captcha?  Any ideas?
>>
>> Did you also install the captcha-extension? Afaik it should include
>> automatically into your guestbook.
>>
>> http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/sr_freecap/0.4.6/
>
> You are right, in the guestbook captcha is automatically enabled as soon
> as the captcha-extension is installed.
>
> Only one thing to consider, if you use a modified template for
> ve_guestbook, make sure the following subpart marker is present in the
> template (something like that):
>
> <!--###CAPTCHA_INSERT### this subpart is removed if CAPTCHA is not
> enabled! -->
> 	<fieldset>
>                  <legend>Confirmation code:</legend>
> 			<label
> for="tx-guestbook-form-inputfield-med">###SR_FREECAP_NOTICE###</label>
> 				<input type="text" size="15"
> name="tx_veguestbook_pi1[captcha_response]"
> id="tx-guestbook-form-inputfield-med" value="" />
> 	</fieldset>
> <!--###CAPTCHA_INSERT###-->
>
> Cheers,
> Ro

Very good point!  Thanks folks who responded.  I should have tested
ve_guestbook separately.  I have sr_freecap installed.  I use the timtab
web blog extension which uses ve_guestbook for commenting.  By default,
the ve_guestbook template timtab uses doesn't have ###CAPTCHA_INSERT###
marker.  I added it.  It's fine now.

Bing