[TYPO3] "Exploring the Core" project

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Thu Mar 8 00:41:54 CET 2007

Hi Christian,

> having worked with TYPO3 for years and also developed a few extensions,
> I found out that I just don't know enough about the core. As most of
> the core documentation is more in the form of a reference than in the
> form of a tutorial, I have decided to start a project called "Exploring
> the core". The idea is to go through the core's code and find out what
> it does and how. The progress and findings I will then document.
>
> Because I would love to do this together with like-minded people, I have
> started a new page on the wiki and if requested can also set up a
> mailing list. So have a look and tell me what you think about the
> address.
>
> http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Exploring_the_Core_Project

I really like the idea and hope there will be something valuable which could
be added to "Inside TYPO3" later.

However, I wonder if this project become dead already? It seems there is
nothing happening anymore.

At least a good start would be to write down some questions you are
instested about, for example: How does the rendering of a website work?
What is each database table of TYPO3 used for? Etc.

What about starting with something like this?

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out