[TYPO3] sr_language_menu default language issue

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Wed Mar 7 09:24:33 CET 2007

Hi,

> I am having difficulties setting up my sr_language_menu extension.
>
> Here's what I've done so far:
>
> - Installed the extension;
>
> - Added 2 Website languages on my site root: Portuguese (default)
> and English (first additional language);

You should not define a Website Language for your default language.
Only for additional languages.

> - Added the extension to a test page and created some localized
> content for it. Selected both languages using the plugin laguage
> selector;

Try not selecting any. I'm not used to using this plugin as a content
element, so I don't know how it behaves in this case. I generally use
it via TypoScript (to insert it in all my pages) and there I don't
define the language list: by default, the extension will consider the
default language and all additional Website languages.

> - Configured my Template SETUP with:
> ##################################
> # Language settings
> config {
>    doctype = xhtml_trans
>    uniquelinkVars = 1
>    xhtml_cleaning = 1
>    disablePrefixComment = 1
>    sys_language_uid = 0
>    language = portuguese

config.language = pt

>    locale_all = pt_PT
>    htmlTag_langKey = pt-PT
>    }
>
> [globalVar = GP:L = 1]
> config.sys_language_uid = 1
> config.language = en
> config.locale_all = en_EN
> htmlTag_langKey = en
> [END]
> ##################################
>

> - Behaviour in the website:
>        - I have two links or flags, and when hovering English I get
> something like: "...id=14".
>        - When hovering Portuguese I get something like:
> "...id=14&L=1";

HTH

François Suter
Directeur technique