[TYPO3] HMENU, entryLevel = 1 problem....

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Tue Mar 6 03:42:01 CET 2007

Giannis Economou wrote:
> Hi...
>
> I'm trying to build 2 menus on a site and I've got a problem.
>
> Please, consider the following structure:
>     *About
>         ** Events
>         ** Personel
>     *Links
>
> I have one horizontal menu to show level1 items that is working right.
> This menu displays:
> About | Links
>
> I also have a vertical menu that will display all pages under the one
> selected by the horizontal menu. Example:
> If "About" page is viewed, the vertical menu should have:
> * Events
> * Personel
>
> The code I'm using for this, is:
>
> mainnav = HMENU
> mainnav.special = directory
> mainnav.entryLevel = 1

Remove the special=directory part.
You can either use special or entryLevel but not both of them.

Sometimes you will find code snippets or tutorials using both of them, but
then they will always use special.value = 1,2,3, blah in addition and the
entryLevel is only used to fake the second and higher level menus in, that
are officially not supported by the special types. (Beware, since you might
run into problems depending on your menu structure)

While special=directory or special=list is kind of "half dynamic" since it's
using fixed entry pages, entryLevel is fully dynamic.

HTH

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC/Xing: http://www.cybercraft.de