[TYPO3] tc direct mail Mail validity

dave typo typothree at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 17:09:20 CET 2007

when looking at the mail validity of my tc mail sendout, the following
errors are displayed:
-----
Your mail seems to contain JavaScript-code. This is generally
considered bad style and will probably generate warnings either in
your users MUAs or spamfilters. I have taken the liberty to try and
remove the JavaScript-code from you mail.

Your mail contains no warnings.

Your mail contains some minor issues. Verify that they are of no importance.

Your mail seem to link to an external style-sheet. Your style sheet
will be included in the mail, since most MUAs does not cope well on
external style-sheets.

The styling in you mail is made by using CSS classes. This works fine
on "real" MUAs like Outlook or Thunderbird, but it will break in many
popular webmails like Hotmail. Make sure all your important styles are
defined inline.
------

my email template did have javascript code in it before, so i deleted
this from my template.
I also eliminated the external stylesheet, and instead embedded the
styles within the html format. I dont understand what 'inline styles'
are, however. Could someone explain?
I also removed the typoscript code that links to a stylesheet.

But despite the fact that i removed the javascript and the external
stylesheet, the errors still remain.

Can someone please help indicate what is going wrong?

-dave