[TYPO3] Wrong number of unique visitors reported in AWstats

Dmitry Dulepov 9f4eetb02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Mar 5 13:01:44 CET 2007

Hi!

Lasse Guldsborg wrote:
> The other day I presented my website (which is still under construction) to
> a classroom full of students at a school.
> There were 10 computers in the room and I'm certain, that they all surfed
> around my website. But when I later that day checked out the AWstats module,
> it only reported 6 unique visitors..
>
> The 10 computers at the school were probably behind the same router, but
> does that really mean that they are only recognized as one unique visitor?

Yes. Statistic analyzers usually count "same user" as IP address that
appeared in the log for some amount of time. Thus two users behind one
router will be seen as one user. However one user visiting your site
from one IP address in the morning and in the evening will be counted as
two unique users.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/