[TYPO3] direct mail plain text not working

dave typo typothree at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 10:06:15 CET 2007

when I send a direct mail mass email, users on my plain list user list
receive ONLY plain text, and they cannot view the mail in HTML view.
However, the plain text message that they receive is the HTML code, as
text. I find this odd considering:

my mass mailout format is supposed to include:
html and plain text

I set my format parsing as &print=1, because I am using templavoila,
but when it is &type=99, it doesn't work either.

My tsconfig on the page that acts as a newsletter has:

mod.web_modules.dmail.from_email=dam at act-intl.org
mod.web_modules.dmail.from_name=ACT International
mod.web_modules.dmail.organisation=ACT International
mod.web_modules.dmail.priority=3
mod.web_modules.dmail.sendOptions=3
mod.web_modules.dmail.includeMedia=1
mod.web_modules.dmail.flowedFormat=0
mod.web_modules.dmail.plainParams=&print=1
mod.web_modules.dmail.use_domain=0
mod.web_modules.dmail.quick_mail_encoding=quoted-printable
mod.web_modules.dmail.direct_mail_encoding=quoted-printable
mod.web_modules.dmail.quick_mail_charset=iso-8859-1
mod.web_modules.dmail.direct_mail_charset=iso-8859-1
mod.web_modules.dmail.use_rdct=0
mod.web_modules.dmail.long_link_mode=0
mod.web_modules.dmail.enable_jump_url=0

config.insertDmailerBoundaries = 1

then the sysfolder that has the direct mail plugin, and also contains
the newsletter page has the following static files included:

css_styled_content
direct mail content boundaries
direct mail plain text
direct mail news plain text

AND then, the template setup that is on the mail system folder has the
following lines of code:

# Default PAGE object:
page = PAGE
page.stylesheet = fileadmin/templates/newsletter.css
page.includeCSS = import1
page.typeNum = 0
page.10 = USER
page.10.userFunc = tx_templavoila_pi1->main_page

I also tested putting in the The "Direct Mail Plain Text" typoscript
within both the setup and the constants page, and it still didnt work.
I'm not gonna post the ts here, but it can be found on :
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/direct_mail/2.2.0/view/4/5/

So any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks list

-Dave