[TYPO3] Install Tool GraphicsMagic Headache

Nick Weisser typo3 at openstream.ch
Wed Jun 27 23:25:26 CEST 2007

On Mon Jul 10 12:02:28 CEST 2006, Michael Stucki wrote:
> If you use GraphicsMagick, all you need to define is this:
>
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['GFX']['im_path'] = '/your/path/to/gm/';
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['GFX']['im_version_5'] = 'gm';

Hi there,

The last two entries in my typo3conf/localconf.php file are the ones
mentioned above, but my install tool wants to convince me that the path
is still /usr/bin.

When I enter the correct path on the "Basic Configuration" page of the
install tool under "Search for ImageMagick" and click the Send button,
it says

Available ImageMagick/GraphicsMagick installations:
/var/www/virtual/typo3/gm/gm/1.1.6

Then I click the update button and the install tool confirms

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['GFX']["im_path"] =
'/var/www/virtual/typo3/gm/'$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['GFX']["im_path_lzw"] =
''Configuration written to typo3conf/localconf.php

After clicking on Continue it again states "No ImageMagick installation
available" on the very same page.

When I go to the "All configuration" page it also shows only the default
path /usr/bin. When I change the path on that page I also get the
confirmation messages above and upon refreshing the page everythingn is
gone again.

And all that although the typo3conf/localconf.php has the correct values
at the very bottom of the file, i.e. no values overwritten - at least
not in localconf.php.

If anybody could point me into the right direction I'd really appreciate it.
--
Nick Weisser
Openstream Internet Solutions