[TYPO3] Pages in TYPO3 Cannot be Accessed via Web

jeff.gregory at comcast.net jeff.gregory at comcast.net
Wed Jun 27 18:54:12 CEST 2007

I run TYPO3 on an Apache server and copied all the files from the directory of our prod site to a new directory to start a dev site. I’m using a virtual redirect to forward all traffic for the dev URL to the new directory. When you type in the URL of the dev site via the web, the index / home page is presented as expected. If you click on any link from that page you receive a HTTP 404 Not Found error. This includes clicking the link back to the home / index page. If you include an exact file name with the URL, you also get the same error.
If I look in the typo3 interface, the root name of the dev site is displayed the same as the domain name of prod site; but if I hover over any of the pages under the root, the file name has the dev site path not the prod site path.
I’m a novice at TYPO3. Any details on what I’ve failed to implement would be appreciated.