[TYPO3] Portal development :: TYPO3 or Drupal - which way to go

Rahul Dewan [srijan.in] lists at srijan.in
Tue Jun 26 14:33:05 CEST 2007

> I don't know how well Drupal actually scales, but from a TYPO3
> perspective, you've certainly touched a weak spot.

Thanks Michael. Apart from Caching and scaling up, there is another
weakness, which is with the Taxonomy engine. Drupal seems to be really slick
with the way it handles Tags, and how it gives them weights.

Just got back from the meeting with the environment portal people, and they
would like 3 sets of tags; a close example I know of is Etsy; check this
example http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5514606; look for
"Tags" and "Materials", both of which are essentially Tags. While I am not
sure if Drupal will allow something like this to handle efficiently (we know
very little Drupal), but I know in TYPO3 this would be cumbersome at the
moment.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Rahul
--
Rahul Dewan  |  Managing Director  |  Srijan Technologies Pvt. Ltd. INDIA
www.srijan.in  |  enquiry at srijan.in
91-11-2622 5926 / 2622 5931  |  Fax: 91-11-4160 8543
CSR: http://srijanfoundation.wordpress.com/