[TYPO3] Portal development :: TYPO3 or Drupal - which way to go

Michael Scharkow michael at underused.org
Tue Jun 26 13:38:08 CEST 2007

Rahul Dewan [srijan.in] wrote:

> However, there are suggestions in our company, and from the customer,
> suggesting use of Drupal for these, since there would be:
> - heavy use of Community/Social Networking features
> - page views : running into multi-million page views each month

I'd recommend at least testing Drupal, since TYPO3 can handle both
community features and many requests, but does not perform well for both
a the same time, since you'll need to disable many caching features.

I don't know how well Drupal actually scales, but from a TYPO3
perspective, you've certainly touched a weak spot.

Greetings,
Michael