[TYPO3] static file publishing vs. reverse proxy

Michael Scharkow michael at underused.org
Tue Jun 26 13:34:27 CEST 2007

Allan Jacobsen wrote:

> Combining both methods will give the best performance, but is not possible for
> all sites.

Hi,

I'd say that if you can use a caching proxy, this is all you need.
Static files are better in situations where you don't want or can't  use
multiple ports/servers, like in shared hosting. But you will probably
never need both at the same time.

Using mod_proxy with caching is practically equal to using static files
in terms of performance, as everything *is* saved in files for caching,
so the web server is IO-limited anyway.

Greetings,
Michael