[TYPO3] Server instability after T3 upgrade

Tom Bond TomB at tekotago.ac.nz
Tue Jun 26 09:54:31 CEST 2007

Hi all,

Last week we upgraded Typo3 to version 4.1.1. In just a few days, we've had 2 website outages, and we can only assume that they are related to the upgrade, as nothing else has been changed, and prior to the upgrade we didn't have a single outage.

The first error produced the following if you clicked on any of the submenu links:
- "An operation on a socket could not be performed because the system lacked sufficient buffer space or because a queue was full".

The second error read:
- "Database Error The current username, password or host was not accepted when the connection to the database was attempted to be established!"

Both times we restarted the webserver, which fixed the problems, but overall the site does not seem to be running as faultlessly as it was, which is making us nervous. Our network guys have given us an all-clear for general server health.
Has anyone got any ideas for us?
Basic Sys detail:
T3 ver 4.1.1
MS Windows Server 2003 on a new, go-faster server..
Many thanks in advance..
Tomo

Thomas Bond
Designer