[TYPO3] static file publishing vs. reverse proxy

Olivier Dobberkau olivier.dobberkau at dkd.de
Mon Jun 25 19:47:24 CEST 2007

Nagita Karunaratne schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> After looking at the latest podcast 'Static file publishing', how does
> this extension relate to using a reverse proxy like squid or varnish?
>
> Are they the same concept?
>
> Can you use them both together or does using one preclude the use of the
> other?
>
> Which one would perform better under what conditions?
>
> Thanks,
> Nagita

Hi Nagita.

Varnish does not cache if you have Cookies in your Output.
But it is quite powerfull.

I think you can combine both bearing in mind, that your website does not
contain any frontenduser cookies...

you will need some ram for it also.

Greetings,

Olivier

PS: We would like to see more support for static files other than
standard pages types...