[TYPO3] How do I make gifbuilder work on temp generated image files ?

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 18:25:59 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 6/25/07, dave typo <typothree at gmail.com> wrote:
> I dont know if i was clear, I'm basically trying to use gifbuilder to
> watermark an image that is generated (scaled) by typo3. ie: add a gifbuilder
> overlay while the original image is being scaled. So that way, the temp
> file, in this case, the 4a4eb19c26.jpg (the scaled image) would have a
> gifbuilder graphic overtop of the original as it is scaled down.
>
> So, I don't think your method is what I am looking for...
>
> I dont think that my request is possible using typoscript, but I wanted to
> ask.
>
> However, is there another way to do what im talking about?

The method I referred you to is ideal for what you're talking about,
UNLESS you're talking about the images in content objects such as
Image or Text with Image (or any context using the imageLinkWrap
function). As the note in the IMAGE cObject table in the TSref says:
imageLinkWrap is "ONLY active if linkWrap is NOT set and file is NOT
GIFBUILDER (as it works with the original imagefile)" [2]

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/

[1] http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/4.1.0/view/5/3/