[TYPO3] Calling other extensions using PHP

Rens Admiraal typo3 at ambitiondesign.nl
Sat Jun 23 23:34:22 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I allready posted a similar question in the tt_news list, but I'm
searching for a standard Typo3 answer, so that's the reason why I
post it here also.
I'm trying to add the content of tt_news to my own plugin, but also
want to be able to do this for other plugins too.

The reason why I want this is that I made some sort of 'dynamic,
tabbed element' in which information can be ordered, and with
mouseovers the right content is shown. Some sort of menu...
Now I want to be able to show the content of a plugin like tt_news
(or any other plugin).

For now I create my content using PHP, and I thought I could call
another plugin like this:

$tt_news = t3lib_div::makeInstance('tx_ttnews');
$html .= $tt_news->main_news($content, $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']
['EXTCONF']['tt_news']);

but, this doesn't seem to work.

Is there any way to do this using only PHP? Or do I have to use
Typoscript in this case?

Greetz,
Rens