[TYPO3] Not the same HTML between FF and IE ?

Georg Rehfeld georg.rehfeld at gmx.de
Thu Jun 21 17:13:45 CEST 2007

Hi Alex,

Alex wrote:
> I have a very strange thing. I created yesterday a new page that was first
> marked as undisplayable until I was done with creation. Then I marked it as
> displayable and went to a colleague's PC to show him. After reviewing it for
> 10mn I went back to my computer to hide it again.
>
> He then told me the page link still appeared in the navigation menu. On my
> PC, I could not see it.
>
> I investigated a bit and actually, on my PC, I can see the link on Internet
> Explorer 6, but it does not show up in Firefox 2.

Did you clear the TYPO3 caches?

When a page is un/marked hidden the page itself is recognized as
changed, but other pages (even having a menu entry to that page)
are not recognized automatically and are delivered out of the TYPO3
cache ... unless you are logged in to the backend, then you only see
uncached pages.

So in your scenario you probably edit with FF and are thus logged in
to the backend, but your IE is not.

HTH, Georg
--
   ___   ___
  | + | |__    Georg Rehfeld      Woltmanstr. 12     20097 Hamburg
  |_|_\ |___   georg.rehfeld.nospam at gmx.de    +49 (40) 23 53 27 10

               (Delete .nospam from mail address)