[TYPO3] Is htmlArea dead?

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Wed Jun 20 22:20:08 CEST 2007

Hi,

> I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to keep both the user TS
> config
> and the page TS config to create customized RTE environments...

Of course it's possible. It's just that the extension that inserts
the RTE has to handle all those options. At the moment TinyRTE has
far less configuration possibilities than rtehtmlarea. What I mean is
that if we're seriously talking about replacing rtehtmlarea, we must
envision the new extension to be at least as feature-rich as
rtehtmlarea, otherwise many people will just not use it. Which is why
it is no simple undertaking.

At least, that's what I think :-)

Cheers

François Suter