[TYPO3] [Typo3] config.spamProtectEmailAdress, how to display fixed text

Georg Rehfeld georg.rehfeld at gmx.de
Mon Jun 18 04:20:07 CEST 2007

Hi Miodrag,

Gos'n Prirodni wrote:
> If there is no better solution it is ok to me to tell the editors to enter
> manually desired text into the link content. I tried to find a way to do
> that in other way: that means by configuring RTE or setting some Typolink
> property etc.

and (from the original thread):
> Thanks, but question is how to configure that to be done automatically, when
> all content is parsed.

Actually I tried to configure that and had a look at the sources in
sysext/cms/tslib/class.tslib_content.php! My conclusion:

It seems to be impossible to replace the link text of a mailto: link
with a fixed string via TypoScript.

But then I even couldn't make the documented (and evaluated in code)
parseFunc.makelinks.mailto properties get working. I tried this:

   lib.parseFunc.makelinks.mailto {
     ATagBeforeWrap = 1
     wrap = Send us an email to |
   }
   lib.parseFunc_RTE.makelinks.mailto {
     ATagBeforeWrap = 1
     wrap = Send us an email to |
   }

When that alone didn't help I even added (though already set):

   tt_content.text.20.parseFunc = < lib.parseFunc_RTE
   tt_content.table.20.innerStdWrap.parseFunc = < lib.parseFunc

And because that didn't help either, I also added:

   tt_content.text.20.parseFunc.makelinks.mailto {
     ATagBeforeWrap = 1
     wrap = Send us an email to |
   }
   tt_content.table.20.innerStdWrap.parseFunc.makelinks.mailto {
     ATagBeforeWrap = 1
     wrap = Send us an email to |
   }

... with no visible result whatsoever :-(

The TypoScript Object Browser shows my settings (and no error), I
cleared all and every cache, but the wrap isn't done.

So I got lost here. Hopefully someone with more knowledge jumps in
and at least makes clear, why my attempts to wrap failed.

But in every case (as far as I understand), a complete replacement
of the link text isn't possible, because makelinks.mailto only has
a 'wrap' property, but no 'stdWrap' property, and 'wrap' always inserts
the linktext, even if you don't give a '|' in your wrap (then appending
the linktext to your wrap string).

So the best you can have would be a clever choosen

   config.spamProtectEmailAddresses_atSubst = <whatever>

e.g. (has to be written on one line without the comments, splitted/
commented here for clarity):

# Poison spammers with a fake email address, which is hidden
# in browsers supporting CSS.
# Note, that this is NOT AT ALL an accessible solution, as e.g
# screen readers used by blind persons _will_ spell that crap!
   config.spamProtectEmailAddresses_atSubst =
       some.person at example.com
     (at)

And finally: I'm pretty sure, that spam robots programmers nowadays
ain't as stupid as (it seemed to be) some time ago! They for sure know
about TYPO3 (and other) mechanisms to hide email adresses. And if your
address is in only _one_ of the address databases, it is spread out to
the others soon.

It's a pitty, but we have to live with spam (at least as long as about
1% ore more of spam receipients actually _answer_ to that spam, or
indicate, that they have _read/opened_ it, by not disabling image
display in their mail readers [or worse])!

Sorry for beeing -vv (very verbose) again, I was in the mood (after
having scanned/deleted 100+ spam mails gotten today).

regards, Georg
--
   ___   ___
  | + | |__    Georg Rehfeld      Woltmanstr. 12     20097 Hamburg
  |_|_\ |___   georg.rehfeld.nospam at gmx.de    +49 (40) 23 53 27 10

               (Delete .nospam from mail address)