[TYPO3] breadcrumbs / HMENU site navigation - I don't want link to the current page

Tyler Kraft headhunterxiii at yahoo.ca
Fri Jun 15 13:58:39 CEST 2007

> So it's double "|" that make logical sense (||), not single "|" (|). I
> thought a single "|" makes some sense, no wonder I got weird results :)
Sort of... The single "|" is the part that will get wrapped, and the
"||" break the variosu wraps up. Look at it like this - <li

> In other words (perhaps only I can understand my own explanation, but
> well):
>
> doNotShowLink = 1 || 0 |*| 1 |*| 0
>
> means we have 4 parts, which are split by || or |*|:

Sort of - We have three parts, and one of them gets broken down yet into
another two parts. Kind of like a train has three carriages, and each
carriage can be broken into seats.

> 1) logical yes, 1, (or, not show the first link), for the first element
> 2) logical no, 0, (or, not doNot show -> show) for the second element
> 3) all following elements take logical yes, 1 (don't show), because of
> |*| 1 |*|
> 4) the last element, no, 0 -> show it
>

> Now that I think I understand it, I have yet another logical challenge.
> I hope I'm no being too demanding :)
>

> Out of page subtree, when on "page4":
>
> page1 > page2 > page3 > page4
>

> I can display:
>
> page2 page4
>

> What I actually want to display is:
>
> page2 - page4
>

> No problem - add:
> 1.CUR = 1
> 1.CUR.linkWrap = -|
>

> And it will render:
>
> page2 - page4  # when on page4
> page2 - page3  # when on page3
> - page2        # when on page2 - problem
>
> Oops, a single hyphen in sot needed!
>
> So we can't use CUR.linkwrap for that, we have to figure out something
> else.
>

> wrapItemAndSub also doesn't seem to work for that for the same reason as
> CUR.linkwrap.
>
> And there is no such thing as wrapSub, which would work for subitems only.
>
> Hmm. Did I miss anything in TSRef which allows me to achieve it?

I'd always wrap the hyphen on teh first item, that way its not going to
be there when there is no first item