[TYPO3] display header when title is empty

Loek Hilgersom hilgersom at xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 15 12:36:59 CEST 2007

I think you need to solve 2 issues:

1. Typo3 won't output the div and h1 tags when the header field is empty. To
solve this you can set:

lib.stdheader.stdWrap.fieldRequired >

Be aware that this will affect all empty headers! If you don't want that to
happen you'll have to be more specific e.g. only headers of CE-type text:

tt_content.text.10.stdWrap.fieldRequired >

Best would be to specify this only for csc-firstHeader items, but that requires
more complex TS fiddling.

2. Browsers will set the height of the h1 to zero when the contents are empty,
so you'll have to set the height explicitly:

.csc-firstHeader {background: url(...);height: 2em;}

Hth,
Loek