[TYPO3] zend core and typo3 on IIS

John Nicholas typo3user at mobosplash.com
Thu Jun 14 16:49:13 CEST 2007

90%+ of our typo3 sites are on Linux but we have a couple where the
client wanted to host on windows. I have been pretty unhappy with our
stability on IIS. From what I've been reading, the zend core installer
(http://www.zend.com/products/zend_core) is supposed to be the best way
to run php with IIS. This installer sets up IIS with fastcgi and php5
and also includes a management tool for easy upgrades.

The basic install went well and it hasn't been hard to figure out how to
setup permissions. The typo3 dummy installer worked fine for the first
few steps and I even have Imagemagick building everything fine. I can't
login to the backend though. My first thought was that sessions weren't
working but I can see the file created properly by php in the sessions
directory.

So any guesses on this?