[TYPO3] does tt news accept exe and php (malicious) mime types ?

dave typo typothree at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 10:48:08 CEST 2007

great, except when people upload a file from the frontend, a php file
or an exe file can be attached. It looks like a security hole.

I know how to check extension types in php, but what are the
components of typo3 that checks extension or mime types?

what is the 'typo3 way' to check file types? I mean is there a
standard to follow that I could look at?

if anyone knows, its greatly appreciated

thanks,

-dave