[TYPO3] Referencing data in multiple pages from one repository

Pere Mora Roma pere_mr at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 13 11:44:04 CEST 2007

Please read the updated text below. Please ignore my previous posting. It seems part of the message was truncated.

Some of my web pages need to make a reference to the same numerical data I want to store in a central location and reuse.  I need a system page (or table) where I (or someone else editing the content of the website) can update information. This information would look like this:  | Agent (metric tonnes)| Munitions (million items) | FacilitiesDeclared | 71,330 | 8.67 | 65 Destroyed | 22,638 | 2.73 | 42 Converted | n.a. | n.a. | 19
Labels in such a table would need to be available in the 6 UN languages (in addition to English: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish). From different web pages on the site I would need to call some of these records. I want to be able to reuse the same numerical information throughout the site by making reference to this data. Obviously, if data in the underlying table changes, the output should be updated automatically too. How can I set this up in TYPO3? Do I need to create hidden pages with a table on it and then make reference to content IDs. Is this not advisable? What should I do? Basically, it's like connecting to an internal database. By the way, I will need several tables for different topics. If someone can give me some advise I will be grateful. ---- PS: I am relatively new to TYPO3. For the past 2 months, I have been practising with the tutorials Quickstart, Dummy, Futuristic Template Building and the TYPO3 book to get a sense of how to use this CMS and I am still not sure which way to go. I was not 100% convinced about TemplaVoila and finally decided to integrate a TYPO3 porting of an open-source CSS-based HTML template called Multiflex 3 developed by www.rasi.ch My mission is to migrate a current static website in the 6 UN languages (http://www.opcw.org) to a TYPO3-based dynamic website (testing http://www.ehtrofnoitasinagro.org). Any advise? Thanks
Pere