[TYPO3] captcha on regular mailforms

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Wed Jun 13 11:02:38 CEST 2007

Hi Katja,

> Thank you for your answer. This extension puts captcha on every
> form on
> site, for example on search form too - so it's not usable really.
> Maybe
> there is a way to avoid this, but I didn't figure it out. I also
> sent a
> question last autumn for the extension author about this, but the
> author
> was too busy then and told maybe to get back to it (never heard
> anything
> though).

There was a long discussion recently on the dev list about revamping
the FORM cObj. Partick Broens seems to be leading the effort, but I
don't know where that project stands now. Maybe you can get in touch
with him.

On the other hand, have you tried extensions like timtab_badbehavior
or mf_akismet which are supposed to protect against spam and spambots
and can be activated for any submission from the frontend?

HTH

François Suter
Directeur technique
Cobweb Development Sàrl