[TYPO3] Real url configuration on the local pc

Rocky Ou rockysynergy at max-source.com
Tue Jun 12 10:35:00 CEST 2007

Hey,

I installed the typo3 on my local Debian server with apache2 on it. The
typo3 installation is /var/www/tp3 which I can have front access it
through http://localhost/tp3. In order to get url works on my local
installation I have copy and paste the rewrite rules on
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/realurl/1.1.4/view/1/4/#id2905771
to my /var/www/tp3/.htaccess it does not work so I delete it. insert the
httpconf part on the same page to /etc/apache2/apache2.conf and change
[L,E=ORIG_SCRIPT_NAME:/path-to-typo3/index.php] to
[L,E=ORIG_SCRIPT_NAME:/tp3/index.php]. But it still not work. THe error
message is "The requested URL /tp3/about_us/ was not found on this
server." The same htaccess configuration and url configuration works on
my production server. Can any of you give me a hint how to set up the
url function on my local debian pc please?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Rocky