[TYPO3] page is being generated and PHP fatal error

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Mon Jun 11 18:23:14 CEST 2007

Hi Georg,

> Hi Bing,
>
> Bing Du wrote:
>> Thanks for taking time trying to help, Georg.  Really appreciated it.
>> We
>> have another site pointing to the same typo3 source package and email
>> encryption works fine there.  I suspect it might be some site specific
>> configuration that broke email encryption on this site.
>>
>> I know regular pages have history information so you can see all the
>> changes that have been made on the page.  Does template record keeps
>> history as well?  In Tools->Log, I saw one user modified the template
>> record but unfortunately it just noted "Record 'Site Style'
>> (sys_template:1) was updated. (msg#1.2.10)" without any further details.
>> I knew he was going to make a simple change (modify site title in
>> constants) to the template.  Other than that, I have no idea what else
>> suspect.
>
> In my admin log every change to the templates are logged too, similar
> message a yours, but therafter is "Changes in fields: config" _and_ a
> clickable icon "Show History" ... and there is a _diff_ of the changes!

Yeah, I thought it's supposed to be that way.  But this particular entry
in my log doesn't have 'Changes in fields...' and no history info is
available.   That made me wonder if this user really did anything to the
template.

> Besides: I always copy the current config/constants/TSconfig out of the
> fields over into text files and commit them to my projects SVN
> repository. That way I have a nice commented history and can get back to
> previous versions, when something is broken. Won't help you now, but may
> be in the future :-)

That's a good approach.  Actually you reminded me I should handle the
template of this site the way we do other sites.  On other sites, in the
setup field, we have something like,

<INCLUDE_TYPOSCRIPT: source="FILE: fileadmin/templates/siteA-template.tmpl">

The .tmpl file is on the file system that we can apply simple source
control  on it.

Bing