[TYPO3] Indexed Search Engine Not working - Call for assistance, paid

Andrew Davis andrew at avagraphique.com
Fri Jun 8 13:58:09 CEST 2007

Andreas Balzer wrote:
> Hi!
> As some standard questions:
>
> Did this happen for a long time or did it just stop working? If the
> later: Did you install any extension in the last few days?

I dont know that it ever worked. it is a new install (4.0.6)

> I assume that your cache is not working correctly.

how would I know if the cache is or isnt working properly?

I can check in
INFO > (homepage) > INDEXED SEARCH
and it lists the pages, and many have entries for being indexed, so it
seems liek that is working. But when I try and perform a search on
frontend, no results appear.

I have read in search manual, and in config it says that for the
configuration
search.rootPidList if that setting is less than zero (-1) then searching
will happen in all pages of tree...

I have set that setting to -1, and still it doesnt fix the issue.

Any other suggestions?