[TYPO3] New page in draft workspace error

stevestk typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de
Fri Jun 8 13:45:31 CEST 2007

Can someone tell me what this message means:

Could not be edited in offline workspace in the branch where found (failure state: 'Online record was not in versionized branch!'). Auto-creation of version not allowed in workspace!

We recieve this message when trying to create a new subpage while in the draft workspace.

The page is created and a 'placeholder is created in 'Live'. The problem is the login that would normally promote the page to 'Live' is unable to see the page. Everything works fine if an existing page is updated.